It has been 7 years since Jeremiah and I met. We met November 1, 2004. (had passed by one another a few days prior, but didn't even say a "hi") So, on November 1st my friend Kristen was heading down to Orem to cut Jer's hair and she invited me to go with her. Kristen had been trying to get me to go with her for a few months to meet Jer, but I was slightly hesitant due to the fact that the last person she was responsible for setting me up with had totally ripped my heart out and stomped all over it crushing any and all hope I had of finding, dating and falling in love ever again. -back to Jeremiah- I went with Kristen and the whole time she was cutting his hair she had to keep asking him to stop looking at me and just look ahead. We spent the evening just the 3 of us visiting and getting to know one another. Jeremiah had just gotten a new phone and Kristen took our picture and commented about how it would make a great engagement picture (which I was totally embarrassed about). When we left, Jer walked us down and we had our first kiss. I agreed to go back down (with Kristen) a few days later for an actual date. We just stayed at apartment for dinner and a movie, but it was still nice. The next day was Sunday, November 7th and he agreed to come up and meet my parents. The meeting went pretty good as far as "meeting the parents" had ever gone for me. I was on the phone with him as he left to make sure he got back to the freeway safely..... he was a mile from my place when I heard an awful noise in the phone and knew he had been in a car accident. My parents took me up to the corner and he had indeed been hit by another car. I went with him to the hospital and my parents followed. Since his car was a complete loss he had no way of getting back to Orem. He had broken ribs and was pretty darn sore so he stayed at our place for the next week. After that we were pretty serious. We traded off driving on the weekend to see the other. We dated for November, December and we were certain we would be getting married... we just hadn't decided when. The rest is pretty well known.... and we are coming up on our 7 year wedding anniversary in February.

No comments:
Post a Comment