Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We ArE tHe LuCkY oNeS

We are truly blessed. This last week we were fortunate enough to hear back from Jeremiah's Attorney about the "deal" prosecutors were willing to give him.... Okay wait I'll back up some.

Here is the whole story...

In March 2009 Jeremiah was working for a company at the Ogden Airport this is what happened (click here)... The problem, however, is that after all the therapy that was suppose to "fix" the injury it still wasn't 100%. So in October 2009 he want back in for another follow up appointment and told them how it just wasn't getting any better. MRIs were scheduled and it was decided that his broken knee cap just wasn't healing like they'd hoped it would so surgery was scheduled. On November 24, 2009 Jeremiah went in to have the smaller piece of bone removed. The surgery went well, recovery was smooth and he was able to return to work 2 weeks later. During this time he was off work (OBVIOUSLY) and was thus receiving checks from WORKER'S COMP. He was issued 3 checks in total. The first one for the two weeks he was off for/following his surgery, the second for the following 2 weeks (at which time he was already back to work) and the third for the 2 weeks after that (still working). We deposited the first one and KEPT THE OTHER 2. Why you might ask? I don't know why, I just told Jer we should keep them and write VOID across them.


FAST FORWARD to NOVEMBER 2010...

Jeremiah was issued a summons to appear on court for COMMUNICATIONS FRAUD in regards to the 3 checks mentioned above.... LONG STORY SHORT... they agreed to drop all charges if they were able to get the two VOIDED checks back.


Sometimes we do things that are wrong without knowing that they are. Sometimes we do things that are RIGHT without knowing why its right. When we feel an inspiration to do something it is important to follow that (I KNOW I WAS LED BY A HIGHER POWER TO NOT ONLY KEEP THOSE CHECKS, BUT EVERYTHING WE EVER RECEIVED FROM WORKER'S COMP IN REGARDS TO JER'S INJURY/THERAPY/SURGERY/ AND PAYMENTS).


tHaNk YoU... ThAnK yOu... THANK YOU!!!!

WE Have Been Blessed

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow Sharcy! What a blessing that you didn't deposit those checks! Isn't it amazing how the Spirit works in our lives? I'm sure it would have been nice to have the extra money. Glad they dropped all charges!

Tyanna said...

Wow, that is so great! It gave me chills reading this! I'm glad everything worked out and that you don't have to worry about anymore legal stuff! What a relief!

Carolanne said...

Yikes! That could have been so bad! I love those moments when you realize that you were being looked out for months or years in advance. It's a testament to how much we are cared for. Thanks for sharing!

I like your new layout. Very cute!