Summer SAGE LACROSSE
Kaiya had an AWESOME season of softball. She got out like 1 time.... she hit 12/12 at one pint and I know she had a strike out but I'm not sure what her final stats were. She loved catcher... even coming from behind the plate for a short hit that she fielded and threw to first (the 1st baseman wasn't ready and it nearly hit her in the face), would've been an out. She caught a fly ball, tagged a runner out that over ran 2nd (lesson learned for all who witnessed), had a few unassisted outs and just plain LOVED playing.
Tatanka Ridge Sudyka
born: Friday, May 10th
How can someone so small and new carry so much love and faith inside them.
The boys came to the hospital after school let out.
Such proud, cute big brothers.
We didn't know it then, but we can see now that Tank was such a comfort for Kotah as he's gone through all this knee crap with surgery, therapy and now rehab. It was nice for Kotah to take him and just sit in quiet and hold the baby.
NEVER, did I ever think I'd want pictures like this BUT I am so THANKFUL I HAVE THEM!
I was feeling really good about my pregnancy going into the last month. I knew it would fly by if I just kept on with my normal daily life. I wasn't busy doing things. In fact I was pretty relaxed since all we had was Kenai playing lacrosse and Kaiya had soccer. Like I said I was really enjoying myself at this point.
I got showered without any help, baths were NOT as easy haha. I got ready for the day and was LOVING feeling Tank inside. He moved around so much sometimes I knew he'd be a mover when he got here.
On the first weekend of May we went to the movies "one more time" before the baby was to come. I was feeling it in every part of my body that he was NOT going to stay put 4 more weeks. I can't tell you why, but I knew he was going to come within the next 2 weeks.
The Dr. was telling me we needed to keep him in there until the 11th, but even with me doing next to nothing all day everyday (I'd even stopped small things that required the up/down and back/forth of housework) my body continued to progress inside.
One Thursday, May 9th I met my parents for lunch at Carl's Jr. (which is where I met my mom on the day I showed her the ultrasound pictures and told her I was expecting). I met them for lunch about 11:30 and really started tracking contractions. At that point I'd been having them about every 20 minutes, which really could go on like that for days. They were good introductory contractions and I knew it was the beginning of the end.
I got these last few pictures of being pregnant knowing I would regret it if I didn't... I am SO THANKFUL I took them even though I felt kinda "eh" about it at the time.
I tracked my contractions all afternoon and into the evening. By 8 o'clock I was at about 5-6 minutes apart, stronger, but still not unbearable. Still, with this being a Vbac and a 8year gap and my "geriatric" status as a pregnant momma, we went ahead and went to the hospital thinking they'd keep me and admit me... We were there until 10:30 walking the halls as the contractions increased in severity as well as frequency, when they sent me home (the on call Dr. never even came over to check me). I was 100% and still a 4 but I was only 37 weeks 5 days so they didn't want him coming PREMATURE. I went home and tried to sleep but about 1:30ish I got up and couldn't sleep again because the contractions were way more intense and still about 3 minutes apart. We called my parents (again) and they came over. (The other 3 had no idea we'd even come home the first time because they were in bed and now my parents were coming back over haha). We got to the hospital and they did the whole pre-admit thing again, had me start walking the halls, again, and about 20 minutes in I made a big bloody mess on their floors... the on call Dr. STILL didn't come see me. It wasn't until a girl came in with a baby almost hanging out of her that she came over to our area and then figured "well, I'm here I'll go check the other ladies while I'm at it". FINALLY they admitted me, even though I was "only" 37 weeks 6 days... "I guess that's close enough" she said. Admitted at 3, epidural at 4, water broke at 5, baby was ready to come at 7. It was a whirlwind once they finally got me into my room... it was just one thing then another and another and then Kaiya was there... and finally TANK was here.
Kaiya actually got to cut the umbilical cord since she had been there and wanted to participate. My Dr. was great about having her in the room, letting her take pictures, asking her questions and giving her the answers. Kaiya was in tears when she finally got to hold him, but this moment will forever be something she will remember.
Kaiya took so many pictures, she was really enjoying herself.
I took this one for her.
Kaiya stayed with me once I got to my room while Jeremiah went home to get the boys after school (it was nice that he was born on a Friday so we'd have a little more time to adjust before going back to school Monday huh... haha)
The next morning was such a beautiful morning. The sunrise out my window over this view was peaceful. My room was quiet, my heart was full. I was anticipating going home (which took WAY too long to discharge and ended up going straight to Kenai's last lacrosse game in Farmington).
I kept this outfit to have for forever. HE was so tiny and is growing so fast.
Recovering at home finally after Kenai's team played.
Jeremiah's birthday
Trek












































































No comments:
Post a Comment