Monday, July 30, 2018

Spring Summaries

You ever think, "Oh I'll do (___) later" only to have it suddenly 5 months later and you haven't done it? Yep, THAT is how I'm feeling... In March lacrosse started and Kaiya's soccer started back up. Lacrosse was a change this season because we moved the boys from the Roy program over to the Fremont program due to issues Kenai repeatedly had with other players. People, same team/on field bullying is a problem. It isn't teasing. It isn't joking. And YES, your 9/10 year old kids can be (are) racists... Teach them better. Anyway, we moved them and both played on separate 5th/6th grade teams. Kenai's team finished in the middle, 18th place, out of 40ish teams in their "B" bracket. His team was primarily made up of 5th graders with two 6th graders and him... The 3/4 grade team wouldn't let him play with them so he played UP. Kotah's team finished 2nd Place in their "A" bracket. They lost in the championship game 😢😢 but Kotah wasn't disappointed, 2nd PLACE IS AWESOME!!!
Kaiya finished soccer and I was so pleased with the progress the girls finally started making. They were a really fun group of girls ranging from the ditzy to the competitive killers haha. Everyone scored at least one goal between the fall and spring. Kaiya would really like me to coach again this coming season, I would like that too.

After soccer ended Kaiya tried softball. She batted 12/13... The one "strike out" was actually a foul ball on the 6th strike (4th foul) resulting in a foul out. She had a throw out and caught a throw out at first too. She had so much fun. She still talks about softball and looking forward to NEXT season already haha.


Then we had the end of school. I didn't think it would be as emotional as it was to have Kotah and all the kids his age leaving.  For the most part their grade has nice, kind, caring kids. I sure hope they can remember those qualities in Jr. High.
Kotah got a bunch of different awards... Basically he's a good student, per leader and all around kind person.
 Last day of school...
 Obligatory teacher pics.
 Mr. Wright and Sr. VanErden
 Srn. Baca/ Kaiya
 Mrs. Meyer/Kaiya
Mrs. Widdison/Sr. Yamashita

Sage Lacrosse had it's second season this summer. The boys highest finish was 2nd Place again. We had most of our team members leave for other programs but that didn't impact us much. Kenai acctually played with Kotah's age group. The team had 11 5th graders 8 6th graders and Kenai (4th grader). The players and parents were so wonderful and supportive of the team, which makes all the hard work more with it. Until the next tournament I get a break... But only from lacrosse.

We have had 2 weeks off now and football starts tonight. Kenai wanted to try tackle again and I'm hoping he enjoys it because THAT is what it's about... HAVING FUN AND PLAYING A GAME. Kotah has gone away for scout camp ALL week. Kenai started his STEM CAMP at the school and Kaiya starts back to get summer school tomorrow (she went during June too).

Life at our house may seem crazy and busy, but there's nothing else I'd rather be running all over doing than activities for my kiddos.

Enjoy the rest of summer!!

No comments: