33 years old.
I didn't realize how YOUNG that was until I realized my body can do something NEW today that I had NEVER previously been able to do.
I'm, however, having a nostalgic moment.
I was laying here in bed having a good sad, sulking, crying moment alone when I started sharing memories with friends from over 10 years ago when we were all away at school together.
Prior to that year NONE of us knew one another.
After that year, we have never been back together.
BUT for those few short months we were forging a friendship, a bond, that would forever bind us to one another.
Today I took Kaiya to Kindergarten Round-up.
My youngest.
My baby is going to "finally" start school.
She has been more than ready for the last year.
I thought I was ready (and I AM)
however.... I came across this poem on my phone tonight (during my sulk-fest) and now I'm uncertain
MOST of these things I am still able to do now and then for ALL my kids, but it is so true...
You never know when something is going to be THAT LAST TIME.
We have a busy life.
With kids' schedules.
Jeremiah's work schedule (especially the last month)
My birthday sorta just crept up on us.
My parents took me shopping yesterday for a cute spring/summer dress
I went to lunch with some of my gym-lingering swolemates today.
Tonight at 8:30 after all the kids stuff was complete Jeremiah had the kids (and him) sing to me.
He DID fix me my favorite CARROT CAKE with a Cream Cheese frosting
I didn't have any gifts (partly my fault because I have a REALLY hard time relinquishing power to others to just shop for something I might like---I hadn't told them anything I wanted)
I was feeling gloomy.
"Poor, poor me" kinda feelings
NOW as I sit here in bed with my beautiful baby girl softly snoring beside me...
My oldest stretched out in (Kaiya's Full Sized) bed... since he is getting too big for his twin
My middle child sleeping soundly alone in his room...
and my dear, sweet husband who works endless hours (because of mandatory overtime) to provide the necessities for our family while I stay home and TRY to keep up with everything else...
I am reminded that one day it will be my LAST TIME and so for THIS TIME I will smile and laugh and be so VERY THANKFUL for the life I have been blessed with.
For my family and friends and friends that are like family...
I LOVE you guys and know that I have been so very blessed throughout my life to have special people enter my life at JUST THE RIGHT moment so they could leave their footprints forever on my life and on my heart. I carry you with me in all that I do and everywhere I go.
33
Here's to 33 more.
No comments:
Post a Comment