Saturday, December 13th
Kenai sitting on my Grandma Johnston's lap while visiting with her and Ellis.
Kenai was on the "NICE" list and asked Santa for...
1. Legos
2. A red and white Spiderman
I was surprised that Kaiya REFUSED to sit on Santa's lap.
She asked for a Mermaid
Kotah surprised everyone (else) at the party when all he asked for was "Magic 8 Ball"
He was also on Santa's "NICE" list so looked good for him getting what he wanted.
Ogden City LightsSaturday, December 13th
We took the kids over to Ogden for a short little walk around at their lights downtown.
(above) The kids were given a stocking from some policemen that were on duty that night monitoring a "protest" going on across the street... a protest against police "brutality" in the nation. The boys were so excited to meet a police officer that they wanted their picture with him... (below)
After walking around the perimeter of the block where all the lights are located we meandered back to the Jeep to head home for the evening.
It was a nice little outing with our family.
This year has NOT been an easy one for Jeremiah and me. We've had lots of changes (with me working then not working) and there were many LOOONG conversations about where we were going (in life). This was our 10th year together and (if we're being 100% honest) we finally sought counseling to work through issues we've kept buried for years. Marriage isn't always easy, in fact most of the time it isn't, there is always something that can make ripples in the waters. We are still working on 'US', but it doesn't look so impossible now that we've figured out much of what was hurting our relationship. I love you JER! I love you for who you are. I love you for who you wish to be. I love you for accepting me as I am, which (as we all know) can be very difficult at times.
NUTCRACKER BALLET
December 20th
For Christmas this year Jeremiah and I had agreed to not exchanging gifts and rather going on a nice date... MY CHOICE was for the Nutcracker Ballet (which I had seen once when I was little with my mom). We got all dressed up and dropped the kids off for the afternoon/evening with my parents, then we drove down to Salt Lake City for the performance...
We were there for a 2pm showtime so there were A LOT of younger kids with grandparents (we were a little surprised just how many)... We were there a little early to go in to our seats, but it was also nice to get to sit and visit ONE on ONE that we don't get too often.
NUTCRACKER BALLET
December 20th
For Christmas this year Jeremiah and I had agreed to not exchanging gifts and rather going on a nice date... MY CHOICE was for the Nutcracker Ballet (which I had seen once when I was little with my mom). We got all dressed up and dropped the kids off for the afternoon/evening with my parents, then we drove down to Salt Lake City for the performance...
We were there for a 2pm showtime so there were A LOT of younger kids with grandparents (we were a little surprised just how many)... We were there a little early to go in to our seats, but it was also nice to get to sit and visit ONE on ONE that we don't get too often.
Jeremiah really liked the first act, but wasn't as impressed with the second act. Either way it was simply wonderful to watch something other than the usual shows. The Ballet was so pretty and I am so grateful Jer agreed to take me :)
Bennington Family Party
December 23rd
After eating and playing with cousins, it was Santa time
Kotah asked for his MAGIC 8 BALL...
Kenai asked for LEGOS
and Kaiya asked for A MERMAID
I was so pleased that a- They didn't change their minds about what they wanted and b- When they received a gift (from Santa or my Grandparents) they were so quick to say "Thank you" and so appreciation for WHATEVER they got. I love my simple kids and I'm so grateful for the fact they are simple to please and love others so much. I just hope that mentality will stick with them as they grow up and become adults. Merry Christmas 2014!








2 comments:
Good for you for working on your relationship and seeing a counselor. My girls have both had their fair share of counseling sessions (anxiety) and now it's Bennett's turn to figure out what's going on in his head. We saw a psychiatrist today and will see our favorite therapist soon.
My phone wouldn't let me type anymore but I got off on a tangent there. If you want to know anything else feel free to message me :). I am always impressed by you and how you do things in your family
Post a Comment