2 YEARS ago Jeremiah started working overtime and saving every last dollar he could get together in order to go on a BUFFALO HUNT!!! It wasn't just about paying for the hunt, it was about paying for the trip to South Dakota, food, lodging, the butcher to cut up and wrap the meat before coming home, getting home, then came the "MOST IMPORTANT PART"....
He got a grand total of 3 different pieces out of this animal. He has a hide (pictured above on the back of our couch, a European mount (the skull bleached and looking nice and clean), as this HEAD...
We are lucky we have a nice large space above our front door to actually fit this monstrous head. I am one of those wives that doesn't mind having heads on my wall, but I'm pretty sure that we are done for quite some time... we really don't have space for anymore currently. Congratulations Jeremiah, and I am so glad we no longer have to WAIT and WAIT and WAIT for it to be finished :)
Last Thursday, January 9th I was called in for a second interview (post to come later) at a phlebotomy job in Layton, Kotah was asked to go play at a friend's house after school and Kenai wanted to get out and play....
Jeremiah was more than happy to make him (and Kaiya) happy so they took advantage of the freshly fallen snow and built this AWESOME Snow Bear... if you look closely Kenai's shirt actually has a bear on it too.
TODAY: My BABY turned 3 Today!!!
She was up and going about 7:30 (pretty normal) I made Strawberry Pancakes... she's giving me the thumbs up because she LOVES strawberry pancakes. We got Kotah off to school, and the rest of us (minus Jer) headed over to Layton to turn in my paperwork for my NEW JOB.... (post still to come later) We stopped in at Barnes & Nobles to get a few books for her to open later this evening.
After running there we came back to Arctic Circle for lunch with my parents before taking Kenai to school. Kaiya and I then spent the afternoon baking strawberry cupcakes with purple frosting and chewy (THE BEST) brownies with pink frosting. After finishing all that Kaiya was exhausted and needed a nap.
Dinner was about 5 o'clock. We had a bowtie pasta lasagna: same ingredients as a lasagna but with bow ties instead (it cuts down on prep time as well as makes it easier for the kids to eat).
Finally, we had family over at 6. Jason, Jovi, Brooks, my Mom, Dad, Great-Grandma/Grandpa Bennington. Kaiya got a cute outfit, a new baby doll, her first "Barbie" doll, a Twilight Sparkle (my little pony) and the books: Goldilocks and the 3 Bears & The 3 Billy Goats Gruff. We all had the treats and ice cream.
Kaiya I can't believe it has been 3 years already.
The day you were born was the day I felt complete.
You truly are my BEST FRIEND.
I want you to know just how much you mean to our family.
You are smart, funny, energetic, and so sweet.
You look up to your brothers so much and miss then when they're at school.
You like to play "kitchen" at grandma/grandpa's.
Everything about pink and purple, and My Little Pony.
You like to tell me HOW to do your hair: One small pony tale, fancy-shmancy, or messy (haha)
I hardly have to help you dress yourself these days, just with your socks.
I have cherished the last 3 years with you, watching you learn and grow into the little lady you've become.
I will miss the time we spend alone (when I start working) but hope you'll adjust well spending more time with grandma/grandpa.
(I still need to schedule her Dr. appointment so her stats will be added later)

No comments:
Post a Comment