Tuesday, February 19, 2013

8 Year Anniversary

(Today, March 9th) We were FINALLY able to get a day off to ourselves to celebrate our anniversary.  We hadn't planned on waiting this long but the Saturday BEFORE our anniversary is always packed with Valentine's dates and then the Saturday AFTER our anniversary was used to celebrate my Gma/Gpa Bennington's 60th wedding anniversary with an extended family lunch/dinner at Chuck-A-Rama.  The following Saturday was March 2nd (Jason and Stryder's birthdays) and so at last we got to go out on the 9th.  We started the day off by sleeping in until like 8 :) I know that isn't all that late but when you are use to getting to work by 5 (Jeremiah) that is a lot of extra sleep.  We had a minimal breakfast and relaxed until about 10 when we got ready and then headed to drop the kids off at my parents.  Our tradition dictates (and WE LOVE IT) that we head off to a nice few hours of relaxation at the spa
(this is a picture taken another time we went... I didn't bother taking it with us this year) 

After that wonderful, relaxing few hours we decided we wanted to try a new restaurant this year so we looked up a few India restaurants... one is closed for good, another closed at 2:30 (we got there at 2:40) so we ended up at Harrison and 36th street at this little place.

It was so yummy and we both loved that it was just the 2 of us in the whole place until we were just about finished.  Eating here has opened JER's eyes, and re-enforced the fact, that we want to and should be eating at a wider variety of restaurants and that is a goal of ours for this next year... if we get to go out at all (this sequestration thing is stirring up or plans)

The last thing JEREMIAH wanted to do was see a movie (I wanted to get in a session at the local temple) so since he is the one that works all the long hours I gave in and went to see....

I was NOT impressed... perhaps its because I wanted more The Walking Dead and we were given more Twilight. It is really funny that I was the one bored and Jer enjoyed it, but we've both agreed that I get to pick the movie next time we go... I have promised it won't be Les Miserables.

8 years sure has passed quickly and it is hard to believe just how much we have grown over the last (nearly) decade.  We have had our ups and downs, but thankfully there are more ups in our marriage to help us press through those times when we are down about whatever.  Love you Jer and look forward to what the future holds for us.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Happy 8 years!!!

Carolanne said...

A spot holder? That's a great idea. That way your posts stay in order. You're a genius.

Also, Happy Eighth!