Now, OBVIOUSLY, I have always thought Kotah was pretty darn AWESOME... This past week, however, it was not just my thinking. Kotah is in Kindergarten. He never seems to feel out of place or self conscious about playing/behaving/interacting any particular way he feels. This past week while at work I received a text from a friend of mine who's daughter is in Kotah's class. This friend volunteers once a week in the classroom. The text read "Kotah is seriously such a good kid. Some kids were teasing the same boy and that boy accidentally knocked over the group's game. The group of kids were saying, 'You are going to pay for that' and Kotah got after them and said, 'Hey, don't say that!'" You always hope you are training up your kids to know when it is appropriate to stand up against those that are not being nice or doing what is right. It is even nicer to know that he does it against a GROUP of kids in defense of one!! Love you Kotah!!!.... and Becky, thank you for sharing this moment with me since I couldn't be there myself.Friday, January 27, 2012
My AWESOME Kindergartener
Now, OBVIOUSLY, I have always thought Kotah was pretty darn AWESOME... This past week, however, it was not just my thinking. Kotah is in Kindergarten. He never seems to feel out of place or self conscious about playing/behaving/interacting any particular way he feels. This past week while at work I received a text from a friend of mine who's daughter is in Kotah's class. This friend volunteers once a week in the classroom. The text read "Kotah is seriously such a good kid. Some kids were teasing the same boy and that boy accidentally knocked over the group's game. The group of kids were saying, 'You are going to pay for that' and Kotah got after them and said, 'Hey, don't say that!'" You always hope you are training up your kids to know when it is appropriate to stand up against those that are not being nice or doing what is right. It is even nicer to know that he does it against a GROUP of kids in defense of one!! Love you Kotah!!!.... and Becky, thank you for sharing this moment with me since I couldn't be there myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awww I love Kotah!!
oh and I am an awesome texter.... that should say "some kids are always teasing the same boy..."
Post a Comment