Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Activites :)

Our family (the Bennington Family) got together this year at my parents' place on Saturday afternoon.
-Jovi-Kaiya-Kotah-Kenai-
 Jovi and Kaiya waiting for their egg to get colored and watching as the boys put their eggs in different colors.
 Kenai liked that he got to actually put the egg in the cup AND take it out all by himself.

Jovi stirring her egg, Kaiya stirring hers, Kotah contemplating taking his out and Kenai just letting his sit in the orange mug.
Jeremiah was there with us also (YEAH!!!! He didn't have to work overtime... FINALLY) and he got to help Kaiya making sure she didn't spill as she was stirring.
Kotah has been pulling this face for nearly EVERY picture I've tried taking lately.  At first it kinda bugged me, but now I'm happy I have these fun pictures to share (as best we can) his fun personality that has blossomed this year since getting more and more independent.

We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows in my parents' fire pit as well as eating pasta salads and other good side dishes.  We had Grandma Johnston, Bart/Carolyn, Cole, Bryce/Kaylee/Stratton and the rest of my immediate family over for the simple festivities.

After all the yummy grub was eaten and the children were ready to get home for naps we sent them inside for a slight relaxation... only to have to call them back outside because THE EASTER BUNNY SHOWED UP and hid all the eggs they had colored earlier :)


Each year the holidays get more and more entertaining... Kotah and Kenai just RAN everywhere grabbing EVERYTHING they could, including some that smaller kids were reaching for (we had to talk about 'stealing' eggs haha) but every child seemed to have obtained enough sweets and eggs to keep them all smiling.


On Easter Sunday the kids woke up to find the Easter Bunny had paid them another visit leaving a few treats as well as 2 books.  The first book is a little one explaining how he (the Easter Bunny) landed his job delivering Easter goodies.  The second book is titled "The Easter Walk".  The kids and I sat down and read both books.  We talked about why we actually celebrate Easter.  We discussed how Christ was treated leading up to his trial and why he was Crucified... as well as what took place after Christ died and that if it weren't for Christ's RESURRECTION we wouldn't have an Easter to celebrate.
The kids could then each pick one treat to enjoy before breakfast and a quick get ready for church that starts at 9.  The kids thought they might get out of GOING to church since we'd just had a pretty long discussion about Jesus and Easter.  However, after reading the kids' new book and having a great discussion with them I was so filled with the Spirit that there was NO WAY we were going to miss church and the continuing feeling that went the rest of the day.
I am so indebted to my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without the Atonement of Jesus Christ none of us would stand a chance of feeling free of SIN and free of mistakes we all make in this life.  Without the Crucifixion of Jesus and his willingness to give up his life for us we wouldn't have been given the wonderful gift of RESURRECTION.  I have lost loved ones.  I have a brother who died as an infant.  I KNOW that one day, if I live my life as best I can, I WILL see him again one day.  I WILL hug my grandpa.  I WILL see my friends who have passed before me at such young ages.  Christ showed us the path we must all follow.  He showed us HOW to love EVERYONE.  He is the only one that lived a perfect life and it is JESUS CHRIST who makes it possible for each and everyone of us to live again.  I hope I can focus my life and make a much greater dedication to live as Christ would.

No comments: